Authorized aircraft repair plants
Within the scope of the development of a global service infrastructure, the Holing “Russian Helicopters” performs activities on setting up of the rotor-craft repair facilities, technical audit and authorization of aircraft repair plants which perform overhaul of Russian-made helicopters.
The above mentioned works are intended to:
- implementation of a modern system of after-sales support of helicopters harmonized with the international practice;
- provision of aircraft repair plants with support by JSC Russian Helicopters (Designer, OEM) and confirmation that overhaul is performed in compliance with the requirements set by JSC “Russian Helicopters” and requirements specified in repair and regulatory documentation in order to set the full time between overhauls (service life) and its further extension.
The regulation “Procedure of interaction with aircraft repair plants with relation to setting up of helicopter repair facilities, technical audit and authorization” (hereinafter the Regulation) was introduced on September 19, 2014 by the administrative order of JSC “Russian Helicopters” No. 99-UK.
The Regulation establishes the principles of interaction between the Russian Helicopters holding and aircraft repair plants performing overhaul of civil helicopters, as well as requirements for plants in the implementation of the following procedures:
- setting up of the Russian-made rotor-craft repair facilities after mastering of the helicopters overhaul with the issuance of a Certificate of repair enterprise;
- technical audit to confirm the current state and compliance of the aircraft repair plant with the established requirements with the purpose of extending the previously issued Certificate of repair enterprise;
- authorization of an aircraft repair plant after determining whether the plant meets the additional requirements of JSC “Russian Helicopters” and conclusion of a Partnership Agreement with the issuance of a Certificate of authorized repair enterprise.
The indicated Certificates are issued based on the results of a technical audit with the participation of the Designer (type certificate holder) and the Manufacturer (if necessary) according to the programs of JSC “Russian Helicopters”. The Certificates act as an authorization of the aircraft repair plant by the Holding “Russian Helicopters”.
Based on the administrative order of JSC “Russian Helicopters” No. 83-UK dated May 23, 2018 the procedures of setting up of helicopter repair facilities and technical audit were also applied to aircraft repair plants performing overhaul of military helicopters.
Aircraft repair plants performing overhaul of rotor-craft can be authorized regardless of their legal status, departmental identity and form of ownership.
Holding “Russian Helicopters” has the right to independently determine the feasibility of performing work on the authorization of aircraft repair plants based on market conditions.